Supported screen casting devices
- Most third-party streaming or screen-sharing enabled devices.
- Any internet-enabled device with access to a standard browser.
- PCs, laptops, tablets, Chromebooks, regardless of operating system, as long as there is access to a standard browser.
- Smart phones, including Apple and Android.
Smart TVs are ideal options for casting DREAMSTAGE from one of the devices mentioned above. Casting your screen is similar to screen sharing, but is it's technology, software, and hardware.
Most modern browsers support casting to the devices mentioned above. We recommend Chrome, Firefox, and Safari as your first choices.
Other options for screen sharing between HDMI-enabled devices include connecting an HDMI cable with the appropriate adapter between your computer or laptop and your television's HDMI input.
Watch DREAMSTAGE web app on your TV
- Google Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra
- (your device + Dreamstage.live + browser → Chromecast → Smart TV)
- Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV
- (your device + Dreamstage.live + browser → Fire Stick → Smart TV
- Air Play and Air Play 2
- (your Apple device → Apple TV app on Smart TVs)
- (your Apple device → Apple TV → Smart TV)
- (your Apple device → other Apple device)
Screen casting in general
Miracast is the common name for embedded Smart TV technology. The actual name of your device's casting software varies by brand.
Common terms you might find available on your device are:
- Wireless Display
- Screen Mirroring
- Screen Casting
- Screen Sharing
- Share and Connect
- Quick Connect
- AllShare Cast
- Smart View